Wednesday 27 September 2017



                      DIFFERENT TYPES OF PERSONALITIES IN A CLASSROOM


Hi! How are you? I hope you are fine. Well, I have been absent for a long time. However, here I am. Today, I wan to post something related to difficult students, I mean, how to deal with them, with their personalities.

To begin with, I am going to start talking about complainers. They are everywhere and sometimes, it is difficult to deal with them or we do not know how to do it in the appropriate way.

                                              Resultado de imagen para complainers
I think complainers are a challenge for us, teachers, because when one starts complaining, then, the rest of the students will follow him/her and there, we have to put into practice some strategies. The best way to stop with that is by doing a game in which they must focus their attention, and of course, in order to do that, they have to be in complete silence. I usually do that with my students. They love competing so I divide them into small groups and I give them a topic. After that, they will have only one minute to write as many words related to that topic as they know. The winners are the ones that have written more words and of course, they are rewarded for that.
However, a game is not always a solution. Maybe, we need to talk to that complainer because we do not know if he/she is going through a bad situation at home and complaining is the way he/she has found to express his/her feelings.

Moreover, we can also find clams in a classroom. These students are very silent during the whole lesson and they do not show any signal of understanding or misunderstanding of a topic.

Resultado de imagen para shy students

They seem to be really shy to talk or express their throughts or opinions about something. Nevertheless, in these cases, we can help them to be more confident about themselves by telling them that they are at school to learn not to be judged because of a wrong answer. Besides, while explaining a topic, we need to pay a lot of attention to these students, we need to focus on their gestures in order to know if they have understood what we have recently explained or we can ask them in private too. They have to feel that we are interested in what they think. Here I leave you some strategies for coping with clams:


Resultado de imagen para silent students clams

What other strategies do you use to deal with these types of students? I will be waiting for your answerings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment